This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic RAF Fylingdales - New Website (Read 11,045 times)
Nick Loveday

RAF Fylingdales - New Website
18.04.2007 at 21:00:33
Print Post  
For all you folks who wonder what keeps me busy during the day as well as all the anoraks out there......check out our new website:
http://www.raf.mod.uk/raffylingdales

It is still a work in progress but the more 'hits' we get, the higher we will rise up the Google picking list - my intention is to become the top of the pile ahead of all the anti-Fylingdales websites to do what I can to redress the imbalance that has existed for too long.

If you do nothing else today, please just surf our website for a few minutes and do your bit for the RAF!!

Smiley

GTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Admin 1

Re: RAF Fylingdales - New Website
Reply #1 - 24.04.2007 at 13:10:37
Print Post  
Nick

URL doesn't seem to work - just get a 404 Not Found error. Cry

Cheers

Spotter

IP Logged

Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Reply #2 - 24.04.2007 at 20:45:15
Print Post  
The link in Nick's message has just worked for me. It is possible that your browser is looking for a file and not a folder; try adding a forward slash to the url!

There's also a url on the main MOD site that incorrectly uses /fylingdales/ instead of /raffylingdales/; that could be your problem, Spotter

Jan

IP Logged

Ian McGeachie(Guest)

Reply #3 - 13.07.2007 at 14:12:34
Print Post  
As one of those who has denigrated Fylingdales in the past and was one of those disestablished when the Zit became operational, I must say the website is looking good.
Before I was demobbed in 2004, I had 2 detachments with DLOC JPC at Staxton Wold and had to be accomodated at Fylingdales, one of which I and my colleagues from DLOC and AEI had managed a visit to the Zit.
I must say that as punishment for leaving the RAF, my last det was to Boulmer for a week with DLOC (Ross Hardie), running the Lk16 net - AAAARGH!  Yes!  I hate Boulmer!  All EIGHT dets!!

IP Logged

Mal Owen

Reply #4 - 04.06.2008 at 12:55:02
Print Post  
Ian,
I worked in Ops both in the "Golf Balls" and in the "Zit" (as you call it) and, as you know, the work could be a little tedious at times but on occasion very interesting indeed. I think that you may have enjoyed a tour in the Zit. I haven't met anyone who did not enjoy their time at Fylingdales although this thread could prove me wrong.
I hope you and your family are keeping well.

IP Logged

Tony Pleasant
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06.06.2008 at 10:51:37
Print Post  
Ian, I am sure Boulmer was very fond of you. I spent a total of  13 years there and loved almost all of it! Cheers Plez

IP Logged

Mal Owen

Reply #6 - 11.06.2008 at 12:47:35
Print Post  
This is a message to all personnel, both Service and Civilian, who have served and worked at RAF Fylingdales.
It may interest you to know that the great man himself, Dave Tyman, has retired. I am sure that all who have worked at Fylingdales, and others worldwide, will know of this legendary "Spaceman". He worked his last shift on Friday 6th June 2008 but will be returning on occasion to give his lectures to BMEWS students and Spacetrack Analysts etc.
I know you will all wish him well. Cheers Dave.   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint