This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ministerial Statement - ASACS Basing Study (Read 3,294 times)
Nick Loveday

Ministerial Statement - ASACS Basing Study
29.10.2008 at 08:17:45
Print Post  
The Minister for the Armed Forces (Mr. Bob Ainsworth) 28 Oct 08:
I am able to inform the House today of the outcome of the Royal Air Force study that has been undertaken to consider the future basing requirements of the Air Surveillance and Control System—ASACS—units.

On 10 January 2008, I announced that RAF Boulmer would be retained as the core site for the ASACS Hub but that we needed to do more analysis to determine the optimum basing solution for the remaining ASACS satellite units.

This work has now concluded, and has confirmed that the relocation of the ASACS satellite units to RAF Coningsby is the best option in operational and financial terms. Therefore, I have decided that, subject to TU consultation, the control and reporting centre—CRC—at RAF Scampton and No.1 air control centre—No.1 ACC—at RAF Kirton-in-Lindsey will collocate at RAF Coningsby. The relocation is due to complete by the end of 2014. Smiley

GTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Re: Ministerial Statement - ASACS Basing Study
Reply #1 - 29.10.2008 at 08:58:32
Print Post  
Maybe, one day, we'll see a Fighter Controller (sorry, Air Battle Manager) CO at Coningsby!

Jan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint