This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Death of Sqn Ldr V Millard (Read 7,599 times)
Nick Loveday

Death of Sqn Ldr V Millard
26.02.2007 at 20:47:22

I regret to announce that I have just been notified of the sudden death of Sqn Ldr Vic Millard on 2 Nov 06.

GTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Alastair Wood

Re: Death of Sqn Ldr V Millard
Reply #1 - 28.02.2007 at 13:33:52

This is really sad news. Vic really was a perfect gentle man in the broadest sense.

IP Logged

Alec Trevett

Reply #2 - 28.02.2007 at 18:49:54

I am very sad to hear this news. I had the pleasure to serve with Vic when he was OC Ops at Saxa Vord, and later at Neatishead. Always a gentleman, inerringly calm, clenching his pipe and wearing a wry smile. A good friend to all of us and will, I am sure, be sadly missed by all.

IP Logged

Tony Pleasant
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01.03.2007 at 13:05:37

So sorry to hear this so sad news.  Always had a smile, was always polite - a true gentleman. Plez

IP Logged

Mike Clarke

Reply #4 - 02.03.2007 at 15:06:13

What very sad news. I remember Vic at Boulmer and always thought very highly of him. A real gentleman.

IP Logged

Kevin Pellatt(Guest)

Reply #5 - 03.03.2007 at 10:05:32

Very sad news indeed.  I have served (and played golf) with Vic over many years. A good man and mentor to many of us in our younger days, he will be missed.

IP Logged

Ian Price

Reply #6 - 18.04.2007 at 17:53:15

Struth!  I know this is old news, and I should check the noticeboard more often. 

Vic was my Boss at Byron Heights in 1988.  As everyone has said, he was always a proper gent, although I don't think I'll ever forget walking down the corridor of the accommodation at 7 SU late one night (no doubt after a good evening in the Shepherd's Club or the Tudor Rooms) and bumping into 'the Boss' in nothing but his 'shreddies' and a pair of sandals as he headed to or from (the direction of travel escapes me!) the 'heads'.  I guess it was just one of those Falklands moments!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint