This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Death of WO Gary James (Read 6,364 times)
Nick Loveday

Death of WO Gary James
26.03.2007 at 08:54:23

It is with much sadness I must report the death of WO Gary James.  Gary died of a massive heart attack on Friday 23 March, while working in Saudi Arabia.  His body will be flown home in approx 2 weeks. 

Initial plans for a funeral at RAF Waddington have still to be confirmed and WO Collins (WO Trg) at Scampton Ext 3304/3213 will act as POC.

WO Collins has an address for Gary’s family which he can provide should anyone wish to send cards or letters however, for the time being please do not send flowers.

GTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Alec Hunt

Re: Death of WO Gary James
Reply #1 - 27.03.2007 at 13:35:58

I heard the very sad news of Gary passing away last Friday lunchtime. Until last November Gary worked for me as a WD instructor at the Air Academy, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Gary will be sadly missed personally and professionally by me and by all who knew him personally and professionally in Riyadh.

IP Logged

Ian McGeachie

Reply #2 - 13.07.2007 at 14:04:39

Sad to hear about Gary, I knew him from as far back as 1974 when we were both on our first postings at Neatishead, last time I saw him was in FI in 2000 (or was it at Neat in 2001, before I went to DLOC?).
I hadn't perused this site for quite a while, normally just see what's going on and being said - so still acting as a spook!  Seems that we're all dropping like flies.

IP Logged

Steve Poole

Reply #3 - 18.07.2007 at 15:10:36

Sorry to hear about Gary's death.I first met him when I arrived at Neatishead as a shiney new LAC Scopie in 1980 and went on to take his place in the house he shared in Wroxham when  he got married.For the info of anyone reading this who may remember me , I left the RAF in 1988 and am now living and working as a Prison Officer on the Isle Of Wight.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint