This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic SCAMTON VISIT 28 APR 07 (Read 8,152 times)
Simon 'Dick' Treacy(Guest)

SCAMTON VISIT 28 APR 07
26.04.2007 at 20:59:44

Never been here before - nice site Spotter!

I am expecting to host a visit to RAF Scampton this Saturday, but the  vagaries of the DII(C) that we have are currently denying me the ability to send or receive email to addresses outside the DII(C) network.  Attempts to contact Tony Pleasant by email have so far not been successful, and I could really do with a list of visitors to keep the guard commander happy at least!

We have extra people coming in to host the visit and open the Dambusters Museum etc, so if it's not happening could someone let me know by posting on here?

Regards

Dick T

IP Logged

Re: SCAMTON VISIT 28 APR 07
Reply #1 - 26.04.2007 at 21:02:08

What the officer meant to spell was SCAMPTON!  Sorry for the spelling muppetry!

An email response would do just as well, preferably a quick one!

DT

IP Logged

Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Reply #2 - 28.04.2007 at 18:31:54

Dick

Thank you very much for a most informative afternoon at the CRC today. Who would have thought that Bill Gates would have been so supportive of the air defence of the UK Wink Don't for goodness sake let anyone suggest moving the system on to Vista!!

Jan

IP Logged

Tony Pleasant
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 30.04.2007 at 09:29:07

Hi Dick this may come as a surprise as the visit was 2 days ago!!! I though I should add my vote of thanks as everyone who has talked to me were mightily impressed by the briefing and the advances in the technology.  Would you also pass on our thanks to Gary who provided interest with his historical knowledge.  I wish you and all at Scampton the very best for the future.  Many thanks once again, PLEZ

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 30.04.2007 at 13:30:47

Smiley

Plez

It was a pleasure to host you all.  The only pity was that I didn't realise that you were so short of time, and that I didn't get to meet you all individually.  I think those who visited the Museum found it interesting and a nice way to round-off the day.  I should emphasise that it wasn't your fault that I didn't receive the info, it was down to an IT snag at Scampton.

Should you wish to arrange another visit, perhaps for members who were not available this weekend, please let me know.  The Station Commander has approved further visits, and we will do our best to accommodate.

Regards

Dick

PS

I have sent my application form and cheque in!

IP Logged

Admin 1

Reply #5 - 30.04.2007 at 19:00:09

Quote:
I have sent my application form and cheque in!

Tongue There goes the neighbourhood!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 30.04.2007 at 19:41:16

I'll soon bring you down to my level!

DT

IP Logged

Judith McCullouch

Reply #7 - 03.05.2007 at 09:42:15

Just adding my thanks to those already posted.  I'd love to have had time to have played (on the sim of course - I think the live stuff is well outside my frame now)! Kiss

IP Logged

Tony Pleasant
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04.05.2007 at 15:25:48

Hi Dick, almost all the participants loved the area, the hotel and the visit. I intend to hold next years reunion in the same place and at the same time - roughly!!  I am sure a further visit would be most welcome with maybe the museum visit coming first.  Looking forward to your membership - you know it makes sense.  Will contact you later and please thank Archie from me.  Cheers Plez

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint