This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Am I still a member?? (Read 14,475 times)
Chris Franklin(Guest)

Am I still a member??
20.06.2007 at 16:41:42

Hi

I appear to have lost touch with the FCA and wish to check up on the status of my membership.  I know I haven't updated my DD with the FCA's new bank details and for sure, having moved house 3 times in 16 months, my mailing address is wrong.

I would be most grateful for a note from the membership secretary (is it Ian Fish?) on how to get my membership back on line (if you'll have me).

Regards

Chris

IP Logged

Nick Loveday

Re: Am I still a member??
Reply #1 - 20.06.2007 at 21:03:43

Hi Chris

When I handed over as Sec (to Jan Cobb) in Apr 07 you were still very much a member of the Assoc.  Knowing how efficient Jan is, she will be in touch very soon!

Hope all is well and you're still serenading Pub audiences with your rendition of 'Wind beneath my wings'!  Great memories!!!!!  Cool

Nick

GTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Ian Fish
Committee

Treasurer

Reply #2 - 20.06.2007 at 22:10:51

Chris,

You are still in good standing as your previous SO was paid regularly and was attributable to you. 

All you need to do now is fill out the new one and process it through your bank.

Can you let me have all of your contact details for FCA purposes please?  Send to if ... at ... steelhenge.co.uk

It would be good to see you again - perhaps at the Christmas Bash

Regards,           Ian

IP Logged

Dave Lowry
Committee

Museums Member

Reply #3 - 21.06.2007 at 09:48:48

Is that the Chris Franklin who relieved Robin Heaney and joined me at Butcher Radar in Belize waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the 1970s????

Dave Lowry

IP Logged

Chris Franklin(Guest)

Reply #4 - 22.06.2007 at 12:13:06

Nick

Thanks for your response, I'm getting sorted out now.  Jan has been in touch today. 
It's hard to believe that the 'performance' you refer to was in Copenhagen some 14 years ago!!!

Ian

Thanks for your contact details, I'll get a mail through to you very soon and all being well I will be there at Xmas!

Dave

Yes, I am that FC which joined you in Belize for a few quiet rum and cokes.  I believe we also overlapped courses at Bawdsey, I think you were on the course before mine which include Derek Clinging, Hugh Piper et al.

Regards to all

Chris

IP Logged

Dave Lowry
Committee

Museums Member

Reply #5 - 22.06.2007 at 19:54:03

Hi Chris

Good to hear from you. I had forgotten about you being at Bawdsey but remember now. You are correct. My course included Derek Clinging, Hugh Pyper, Hilary Whiteway, Stompie Nesbitt, Pete Smith, Malcolm Reeves and other rogues.

I remember Belize well, snorkel diving, barbeques, Charger Beer and rum and coke. It was also great fun controlling the Harriers and then being able to chat with the pilots in the bar afterwards. I had relieved Nick Gadd and was then relieved by Mike Clarke, if my memory hasn't faded.

Rgds

Dave Lowry

IP Logged

Mike Clarke

Reply #6 - 23.06.2007 at 10:02:19

Hi Y'all,

I am that Mike Clarke and I remeber it well! I especially remember the standard, nay, obligatory, mix for rum and coke, i.e. open bottle of coke, pour three quarters of it away, top up with Appletons 4 Barrel and drink. Ah, happy days!

Heard a rumour that you might be coming back to Worcester, Dave. Any truth in it?

Mike

IP Logged

Dave Lowry
Committee

Museums Member

Reply #7 - 23.06.2007 at 13:13:17

Mike

Well, well, well, I am amazed. How on earth did you hear we might be coming back to Worcester?

It is very much in the plans but only about 90% decided at the moment. I am retiring from full-time work, management training/consultancy, with a company based in Banbury and we are making a decision as to whether to stay in Kettering or move back after over 10 years. Worcester IS the hot favourite.

We have lived there twice in the past, when I was posted from Buchan to RSRE Malvern and then, on return from the RNoAF as TACEVAL Project Officer, to be posted to HQ 11 Gp. We still have our house.

I am still wracking my poor brains to think who I have spoken to about it in the past. You must have a very good 'bush-telegraph'.  ???????

Dave

PS

Just remembered another member of my Bawdsey Course, Mike Sellars. I seem to recollect he had a Norton Commando motorbike.  I was jealous.

IP Logged

Mike Clarke

Reply #8 - 23.06.2007 at 15:51:09

Dave,

Our mutual friend, Roger Lewis.

Mike

IP Logged

Dave Lowry
Committee

Museums Member

Reply #9 - 23.06.2007 at 17:31:44

Hi Mike

Many thanks for the quick response, the mystery has cleared !!!   I vaguely remember now, a number of years ago Roger mentioned he knew an FC in the area. This will call for a few pints if, and when, we return.

Dave

PS

It was a bit 'spooky' at first.

IP Logged

Raymond Johannessen
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 18.08.2007 at 09:01:38

Hi Chris, Nice to see your still around. Brought back some nice memories just seeing your name again.  Roll EyesRay

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint