This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Royal Saudi Air Force Membership (Read 6,269 times)
Steve Colwill(Guest)

Royal Saudi Air Force Membership
03.07.2007 at 08:36:28

As part of my current assignment and location, I have met a number of Saudi and Kuwaiti Fighter Controllers (past and present) who express a great deal of interest in the Association. A couple of Generals, who attended the course at Bawdsey are particularly keen to join the Association or at least to attend one of the FCA "gatherings"!! Views / thoughts or comments from the Committee regarding membership for such non-RAF FC Officers would be welcomed.

By the way, if any former FC colleagues would like some time in the sun in Dubai please get in touch........

Yours,

Steve

Steve Colwill

IP Logged

Mike Good

Re: Royal Saudi Air Force Membership
Reply #1 - 03.07.2007 at 13:24:39

Hi Steve,

Knees brown yet?....... What an interesting thought!  We'll disuss formal membership for these guys at our next committee meeting.  What I can say for absolute certain is that they would be most welcome at any of our gatherings as guests in the meantime.  Do any of the following Kuwaitis feature amongst those you have met so far?:  Saud Shamlan, Ali Malallah, Saeed Mubarrak, Saad Al Khalfan, Massad Al Hawli.  If so, please pass on my very best regards.  Stay dry!!  

Mike

IP Logged

Ian Fish
Committee

Treasurer

Reply #2 - 04.07.2007 at 08:32:21

Hi Steve,

We have the category of Honorary Membership which is applicable to these guys.  I think the process would be for someone to put forward the names to the committee with a brief rationale and then the committee, if in agreement, would put it to the next AGM for ratification.  If successful they would then (subject to annual fees payment) have membership albeit without voting rights!  In the meantime , as Mike says, they could attend any function as a guest.

Regards,          Ian

IP Logged

Richard Jenner

Reply #3 - 08.07.2007 at 19:44:56

Hi Steve,

If Saud Shamlan is one of your contacts, please pass on my regards. We were on the same course at Bawdsey.

Richard (Jenner)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint