This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Death of Gp Capt Peter Hutchings (Ret) (Read 5,122 times)
Natalie Hutchings

Death of Gp Capt Peter Hutchings (Ret)
12.07.2007 at 17:45:53

Gp Capt Peter Hutchings died on Tuesday July 10th after a brave battle with cancer. The funeral service will take place at All Saints Church, Wrington, Thursday 19th July at 3pm. Anyone who would like to attend is very welcome.

Donations if desired to Weston Hospicecare and Wrington Vale Medical Practice Charitable Trust c/o Keith C Britton & Son, Funeral Directors, 10 High Street, Yatton, BS49 4JA.

Natalie Hutchings (daughter)

IP Logged

Richard Jenner

Re: Death of Gp Capt Peter Hutchings (Ret)
Reply #1 - 16.07.2007 at 23:04:05

I'm very saddened to hear of the death of Peter Hutchings. I served with him on a couple of tours - memorably for me as his deputy in the Falklands in 1985 - and always enjoyed his company and sharp wit - and those sideways glances he would give you when he was trying to get you to rise to the bait - which I often did.

Richard Jenner

IP Logged

Mike Greatorex

Re: Death of Gp Capt Peter Hutchings (Ret)
Reply #2 - 25.07.2007 at 17:35:24

Like you, Richard, I had the pleasure of serving as Gp Capt Hutchings' FIADGE bag carrier and I'm sorry to hear of his passing. 

He gave me two pieces of advice during that time - well, more really but most not printable here - that stood me in good stead in later years.  You'd laugh if I recounted them, though ...

My sympathies to his family at this sad time.

Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint