This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Death of Maggie de Polo (Read 14,045 times)
Taff Curtis

Death of Maggie de Polo
04.02.2009 at 10:34:33

On behalf of Sqn Ldr Mick de Polo Rtd. I inform all friends of the sad news that his wife Maggie died on Sunday 1 February 2009.  The funeral will take place at St Margarets Church, Old Catton, Norwich at 3:30pm followed by refreshments at the Sprowston Manor Hotel Sprowston, Norwich.  All friends welcome.

IP Logged

Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Re: Death of Maggie de Polo
Reply #1 - 04.02.2009 at 12:04:03

Quote:
The funeral will take place at St Margarets Church, Old Catton, Norwich at 3:30pm

From the EDP - 4 February 2009 (where there is an opportunity to light a candle and leave a separate message):
Quote:
dePOLO MARGARET PATRICIA (née Goodall), passed away on February 1st, at home, aged 59, after a brave fight. Much-loved wife of Michael and mother of Steven, Lisa and Jennifer and sister of Jean. She will be sadly missed by all her family and friends. Funeral service will be held at St. Margaret's Church, Old Catton, on Friday, February 13th, at 3.30 p.m., followed by cremation at St. Faith's Crematorium (family only). Family flowers only, but donations to the Big C or Brain Tumour Trust UK, can be made either at the service or sent to John Brown Funeral Services, 102 North Walsham Road, Norwich, NR6 7QQ.

Jan

IP Logged

Dave Lowry
Committee

Museums Member

Reply #2 - 05.02.2009 at 11:12:03

We were very saddened to hear the news and our thoughts are with Mick. We knew them both and found them excellent colleagues with whom to work. Mick and I were on the same Flight and by coincidence, he is a fellow Scouser, being born and raised about 10 mins walk from myself in the Walton/Anfield areas of Liverpool. Despite this, we never knowingly met during our school days.

Again, our thoughts are with Mick and family.

Dave and Elenore Lowry

IP Logged

Ian McGeachie

Reply #3 - 05.02.2009 at 21:49:48

Our thoughts with Mick and family as well.  Barbara and I also met and worked with them on & off over the years.  I was on shift when I saw them in A&E, hope a familiar face made things a little easier that day.

IP Logged

Chris Pentith

Reply #4 - 06.02.2009 at 13:55:03

My thoughts are with Mick & Family, I served with Mick as an airman at 280 SU in 1970, again at Buchan with Mick & Maggie 1975, enjoyed many a social drink and Everton/Leeds banter with both.

Please, in time get in touch, Mick.

Chris

IP Logged

Tony Pleasant
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 06.02.2009 at 14:17:45

Another so sad day, I also served witk Mick over the years and my sympathy and best wishes are sent in this tragic hour. Plez

IP Logged

Richard Jenner

Reply #6 - 07.02.2009 at 13:38:02

Very sad news. My condolences to Mick & family.

Richard Jenner

IP Logged

Ken Chadburn (Chad)

Reply #7 - 07.02.2009 at 15:22:29

I'm very sad to hear of your loss, take care Mick,

kind regards. 
Chad.

IP Logged

Mike Clarke

Reply #8 - 08.02.2009 at 08:57:26

Sincere condolences Mick, at this very sad time.

Mike

IP Logged

Graham Rowland

Reply #9 - 10.02.2009 at 18:39:23

Spent a little time with you Mick - and Maggie - enough time to respect you both. My thoughts are with you at this sad time. If I do not see you on Friday then hopefully I might see you another time as I live locally. Be strong.

Graham

IP Logged

Ray Johannessen

Reply #10 - 11.02.2009 at 20:58:13

My sincere condolences.

Ray Johannessen

IP Logged

Nick Gadd

Reply #11 - 13.02.2009 at 09:11:46

Mick, so sorry to learn of your very sad news. Our sincere condolences.

Nick & Gill Gadd

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint