This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locked Topic Death of "Danny" Daniel, RN (Retd) (Read 4,915 times)
Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Death of "Danny" Daniel, RN (Retd)
10.03.2009 at 12:39:10

I have received a letter from Ros Howell this morning, which read:

Quote:
J.M. "Danny" Daniel, Cdr RN (Retd), Membership No. A001

It is with great sadness that I have to advise you that Danny Daniel died at the end of last year. He was a founder member of the RAF FCA and very pleased, as a sailor, to hold the A001 number as an associate member.

I am sure there are many members and, indeed, non-members who will remember Danny and be sad to hear the news.

Jan

IP Logged

Mike Clarke

Re: Death of "Danny" Daniel, RN (Retd)
Reply #1 - 10.03.2009 at 13:56:50

I met Danny at Akrotiri in 1974 when I was reprogramming 280 SU's 920C computer (even older than SLEWC, but more capable!) and he was a chief controller on an exchange posting. He was a super chap, the life and soul of any party; in fact, a typical sailor. What very, very sad news.

Mike

IP Logged

Richard Jenner

Re: Death of "Danny" Daniel, RN (Retd)
Reply #2 - 11.03.2009 at 07:50:33

I worked briefly for Danny during a JMC when I was embarked - HMS Bristol I think - as a controller and he was the AAWO. He was very helpful and particularly adept at fending off a difficult captain of the 'traditional kind' (liked to keel haul young RAF officers before breakfast but then the other RAF controller was Chris Franklin so maybe he had a point?!!).

Later on I was to meet Danny & Ros when they were living near Watford and I was at BP - it was good to attend the odd mess function together and I wish we had done more of that. My condolences to Ros.

Richard Jenner

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint