This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic ABM OASC Aptitude tests (Read 8,026 times)
adam

ABM OASC Aptitude tests
14.12.2009 at 18:08:35
Print Post  
Hi guys I was wondering whether anyone could shed some light on the current situation regarding Cranwell having issues over ABM aptitude scores at OASC. Basically, I passed OASC nearly 6 weeks ago but am still waiting for correspondence. I have rang OASC and they have briefly mentioned something to do with the ABM aptitude scores being the reason why my application is taking so long to be processed. I was initially told I would find out within 3 weeks after OASC. Everyone else who completed OASC with me (all of which were going for other branches) have recieved correspondence.
If anyone knows anything that would shed light on my situation it would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Adam

IP Logged

Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Re: ABM OASC Aptitude tests
Reply #1 - 14.12.2009 at 18:24:19
Print Post  
Quote:
Hi guys I was wondering whether anyone could shed some light on the current situation regarding Cranwell having issues over ABM aptitude scores at OASC. Basically, I passed OASC nearly 6 weeks ago but am still waiting for correspondence. I have rang OASC and they have briefly mentioned something to do with the ABM aptitude scores being the reason why my application is taking so long to be processed. I was initially told I would find out within 3 weeks after OASC. Everyone else who completed OASC with me (all of which were going for other branches) have received correspondence.
If anyone knows anything that would shed light on my situation it would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks,

Adam

Adam

While this is the website of an association with close links to the world of fighter control (aerospace battle management), we don't actually have any direct contact with the machinery that is dealing with you, whether from the OASC or the SABM point-of-view. There is a page on this site that has embedded in it a link to the last page of a thread on 'The Student Room'; as long as your browser doesn't prevent it, you should be able to see a frame with the TSR page in it but, if you don't, try here.

The 'handle' of the person giving the best advice on that thread is Vizzini.

Jan
Edited:
Having just checked the Student Room thread, I think you've already been asking the same question there already! I think you'll just have to be patient

J

IP Logged

Nick Loveday

Reply #2 - 03.01.2010 at 15:38:52
Print Post  
Adam

I've passed your question to the RAF Inspectorate of Recruiting at Cranwell.  Hopefully they will come back to you soon.

Nicky
Gp Capt RAF PR

GTalkYIMAIM  
IP Logged

Rick Lund

Reply #3 - 04.01.2010 at 11:21:39
Print Post  
Adam,

We are about to launch a new aptitude test battery for Aerospace Battle Managers and the implications for those that have not been selected are being reviewed.  It is possible that some candidates may be invited to return to OASC for further testing before a selection decision can be made.  For others, sufficient test data may be available and it might be possible to maker a selection decision without additional tests.  In all cases, we will ensure that the same criteria for selection apply.

Rick Lund
Wg Cdr
OASC4

IP Logged

Adam

Reply #4 - 04.01.2010 at 20:31:47
Print Post  
Gp Capt Nicky and Wg Cdr Rick Lund,

Thank you for your much-appreciated responses to my post.

I have now received a letter from OASC and I am due to return to OASC to sit the new revised battery tests. Fingers crossed!

Many thanks again,

Adam

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint