This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic New Topic = Old Message Board (Read 24,376 times)
Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

New Topic = Old Message Board
23.03.2010 at 19:41:43
Print Post  
Just over 3 years ago, when the domain we used for our web site was 'raffca.co.uk', Spotter set up the original version of this Message Board - very much as it appears now, but much, much smaller! Prior to that time, there had been another forum or message board, which had been running from the end of 2001 - and which was finally closed (to new messages) at the end of 2007. Subsequently, when the whole website was moved from the Microsoft Windows server (that supported that old forum...) to a private Unix server (...that didn't!), I thought that the old messages would require some form of magic in order to make them available for viewing again. Nevertheless, I held on to the files and have - through a little bit of network magic - reinstated them on a page on the main website; take a look in the menu bar above and click on the 'Archive' button. As the forum was open to the public previously, I saw no reason for it not to still be open to the public; if any Member has any objections to that, please let a member of the Committee know.

Jan

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint