This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Looking for interviewees for research on radar and the RAP (Read 2,145 times)
Alison Williams

Looking for interviewees for research on radar and the RAP
11.11.2010 at 11:11:55
Print Post  
My name is Dr Alison Williams and I’m a geography researcher working at Newcastle University. I'm working on a project called the Geographies of Military Airspaces. In this I’m investigating how UK airspace in managed and controlled for military usage. As part of this I’ve done some research at RAF Boulmer with serving ABMs and I now want to extend my work to investigate the historical development of the air defence system in the UK, especially radar and the recognised air picture.

I am interested in talking with anyone who has worked in the UK air defence system.  I’m not interested in uncovering militarily sensitive information, rather I want to discover personal stories of how the system worked, and especially how it enabled operators to generate a visual picture of UK airspace and the aerial activities within it.

If you are interested in helping me out with this, please email me at alison dot williams1 at ncl dot ac dot uk. You can find out more about my work at http://www.ncl.ac.uk/gps/staff/profile/alison.williams1
Thanks, Alison

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint