This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Geoff Dalton (Read 6,918 times)
Richard Jenner

Geoff Dalton
13.01.2011 at 14:02:42
Print Post  
I'm sorry to have to inform friends and former colleagues that I received a note today saying the Geoff Dalton passed away on 13 October last year. He'd been battling against cancer for a couple of years.

His children have told me that he put-up a very brave fight retaining his sense of humour and keeping his story telling going to the end.

I shall always be grateful for the wise council and total support Geoff gave me at Buchan.

Richard

IP Logged

Mike Clarke

Re: Geoff Dalton
Reply #1 - 13.01.2011 at 14:54:46
Print Post  
Geoff and I worked closely together at Boulmer in the early eighties, moving into the BIF, sorting out the problems; lovely man and a very valued colleague. How very, very sad to hear of his passing. My sincere condolences to his family.

Mike

IP Logged

Dave Lowry
Committee

Museums Member

Reply #2 - 13.01.2011 at 15:04:55
Print Post  
I remember Geoff very well and can only express my sympathy for his family, I know how they feel.

Geoff was always pleasant company to have around. One latish summer evening at Bentley he approached me in the bar with a very worried look on his face and said in a quiet voice so nobody could overhear, 'Dave, I think I'm going nuts. I think I am seeing UFOs. Can you come outside and have a look.' Not surprisingly, I was sceptical but followed him outside. It was just going dark and looking south towards London, sure enough, there were strange circular objects describing orbits, chasing each other in the sky. I was rather taken aback for some time until I realised that there must be a show on with laser lights. Once we realised this it was obvious that the lasers were pointed skywards and we were seeing them shining on the low cloud base.

Naturally, I took the poor shaken chap inside for a restorative pint and as protocol demanded, I had one to keep him company.

Happy memories, my thoughts are with his family.

IP Logged

Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Reply #3 - 13.01.2011 at 15:05:00
Print Post  
While I didn't work closely with Geoff at any stage, I knew him well enough (from HQ 11 Group at BP) to be able to endorse Mike's view of him being a lovely man. His passing is a sad loss and I too would like to offer my condolences to his family.

IP Logged

Chris Pentith
Forum Member

Reply #4 - 09.11.2011 at 14:50:58
Print Post  
as Flt Cmdr and Sqn Cmdr over the years, his advice, taken or not made me the small success I am now, RIP Sir.

Chris Pentith

IP Logged

Tony Pleasant
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10.11.2011 at 08:33:53
Print Post  
Geoff was a student of mine and I remember him as attentive and intelligent may he rest in peace.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint