This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Death of Gp Capt (Ret'd) Dave Seward (Read 5,462 times)
Mike Good

Death of Gp Capt (Ret'd) Dave Seward
31.01.2011 at 19:36:04
Print Post  
I note from my Daily Telegraph on Saturday that Gp Capt (Rtd) Dave Seward, Lightning pilot of note and Stn Cdr Neat at the end of the 70's, has gone to the Great Play Area In The Sky where there are no Strangers and no more 150's crossing behind.  A big man on many levels..... RIP

IP Logged

Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Re: Death of Gp Capt (Ret'd) Dave Seward
Reply #1 - 31.01.2011 at 20:44:31
Print Post  
For those seeking further information, such as funeral arrangements, the Telegraph notice is available on-line.

IP Logged

Mike Clarke

Reply #2 - 31.01.2011 at 21:33:41
Print Post  
Another good man gone! RIP

IP Logged

Alec Trevett

Reply #3 - 01.02.2011 at 19:24:29
Print Post  
He was a much-respected (and very well liked) Station Commander at Norfolk's finest. Serving under his command was a privilege and a pleasure - he looked after his people, showed characterful leadership (and retained a brilliant sense of humour). I remember after a particularly low, fast and noisy F4 'beat-up' of the site during a Friday Happy Hour having to relay a 'Message From My Stn Cdr' via Coningsby ATC to the crew....tense pause.....message reads...."not bad for a first-tourist".......priceless.

My sincere condolences to the Seward family and close friends.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint