This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Wing Commander John Platts (Retd) (Read 7,176 times)
Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Wing Commander John Platts (Retd)
18.08.2011 at 13:53:00
Print Post  
I have just received an e-mail from Paul Middleton, who had received an email from Christine Manley, daughter of John Platts, to inform him that John had died suddenly - but peacefully - yesterday, having been admitted to hospital on Monday. No arrangements have yet been made but Paul will pass them on to me when he receives anything.

IP Logged

Tony Pleasant
Ex Member

Re: Wing Commander John Platts (Retd)
Reply #1 - 19.08.2011 at 08:33:17
Print Post  
How sad.  John was one of the instructors who did my aptitude test at Bawdsey c1970.  Intelligent and extremely likeable man.  My sympathy to all his family and friends.  RIP.

IP Logged

Richard Jenner

Reply #2 - 20.08.2011 at 07:47:02
Print Post  
Sad news. John was the outstanding squadron commander from my first tour at Buchan - he took a real interest in his subordinates and always took time to listen to them. Fondly remembered by both Helen & me.

Richard

IP Logged

Jan Cobb
Committee

Hon. Secretary & Web Manager

Reply #3 - 20.08.2011 at 11:03:03
Print Post  
I am informed that there will be a Service of Remembrance at St Faith's Crematorium, Norwich at 2:45 pm on Friday 2nd September with tea afterwards at Elm Farm Country House.

IP Logged

Mike Clarke

Reply #4 - 20.08.2011 at 21:57:00
Print Post  
As Tony and Richard have already said, John was an absolutely splendid chap; my regret is that our paths only crossed once. My sincere condolences to his family. RIP

Mike

IP Logged

Mike Greatorex

Reply #5 - 24.08.2011 at 17:44:16
Print Post  
John was OC Ops Wg at Neatishead while Paul and I were the CTO/DCTO pairing.  A wonderful gentleman - it was a pleasure to work for him. 

My sincere condolences to his family.

Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint