This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Ex SHETRAD ATC Controller (Read 5,259 times)
Steve Morson
Forum Member

Ex SHETRAD ATC Controller
05.12.2011 at 05:31:42
Print Post  
Here is another face from Saxa Vord (ATC = SHETRAD) He was there with me in 1979 or 1980 but I can't remember his name. Does anyone know?

IP Logged

Steve Morson
Forum Member

Re: Ex SHETRAD ATC Controller
Reply #1 - 02.09.2012 at 22:42:02
Print Post  
Found him... Tony Worth. Left the RAF after his full commission and became a CAA/NATS ATCO and finished up at the Hurn College of ATC.
He has now become one of my Facebook "Friends".
When you read this Gordon, I did ask him about the ATCOs on your web site, especially the "Fairy Godmother" in the panto. He can remember his face but sadly, can't put a name to him yet. He is going to ask around his ATCO friends... so I'll keep you posted. Smiley
Meanwhile, here is one of Tony's SHETRAD pictures... (L to R) Fg Off Dave Walker (now Air Marshall Sir David Walker KCVO OBE retd), Flt Lt Al Poole (with chin being held up), Flt Lt Tony worth (scratching his head) and Flt Lt Stu Hartley with Dawn (?) Boyd in the background.

IP Logged

Gordon Carle
Forum Member

Reply #2 - 03.09.2012 at 20:52:11
Print Post  
Hi Steve thanks for that. I have made a couple more contacts for the "panto period" and for the band pics published about the same time - just about there with names. I need to make a lot of amendments but new stuff keeps coming in (200 photos from Borneo & Saxa 1963 - 69 just came in this weekend). Also working on a number of new sections  - incl a Shetrad Part 2.
Cheers
Gordon

IP Logged

Steve Morson
Forum Member

Reply #3 - 04.09.2012 at 11:44:04
Print Post  
That sounds great Gordon... I will look forward to seeing the updated pictures sometime. Your web site is still as excellent as ever... with superb history and detail !!

IP Logged

Gordon Carle
Forum Member

Reply #4 - 04.09.2012 at 12:24:03
Print Post  
Thanks - I'll put your cheque in the post!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint