This Forum uses cookies only to improve the browsing experience. By viewing our content, you accept the use of those cookies.
To find out more and change your cookie settings, please view our cookie policy.

Close
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Late 1970s nostalgia (Read 3,768 times)
Richard Jenner

Late 1970s nostalgia
13.01.2014 at 16:35:33
Print Post  
With the inevitable socks from nephews this Christmas I received a double DVD entitled 'Royal Air Force in the Late 1970s'.

Of note, Disc 1 has 'RAF Aerospace Systems Officer 1974 (or Operator depending upon which bit of the DVD you read) and runs for 7 minutes featuring an IAF (QRA) interception controlled by Buchan and staring the late Bill Todd, Mike Shields and Celia Giffin plus a few more familiar faces. It also features some nice shots of a T80, FPS6 and S259.

Disc 2 has 'Fighter Controller' 1977, 9 minutes and is another interception of a Bear controlled by Buchan this time staring Tim Willbond, Tony Vass and yours truly. It has above ground shots of Boulmer and is clearly made-up (to those that know) from material from several films. I apologise for my RT but it was made to be understandable by Joe Public. There are lots of other faces in this one too including Wedge who was sitting at the next console.

There is nearly 6 hours of content on the 2 DVDs including the whole of 'Open Secret' (44 minutes) which had a mix of actors and 'real' people including Graham Stewart as an ops officer.

It's a Strike Force Entertainment issue and Amazon have a few left:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Ddvd&field-keywords=R...

Richard Jenner

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint